Yoga and Gyming :
Yoga and gyming, both seem like such polar opposites one developed by Asian mystics centuries ago and the other a new age science only recently discovered and growing daily , but the choice doesn't have to be one or the other and they can be complemented together to improve your overall health.
Here are some ways you can combine the two to your benefit:
Please visit our website YOGATHERAPY4ALL.COM to know the details of the asanas images and how to perform each asana.
- Reduce your risk of cramps before starting your weight training routine,
Stretch out your muscles with basic stretches like Veerabadraasana, Trikonasana and Hastapadasana
This would help loosen your shoulders, hips, hamstrings and back muscles respectively.
· Warming up before your cardio routine:
With a few Surya Namaskar (sun salutation positions) this would not only increase the heat in your body but also help prepare your muscles to endure the high paced work out ahead.
- When focusing on your stomach muscles try combining your workout with a few marjariasana (cat stretches) before and after as this would both relax and unwind your abdomen and improve your overall blood circulation.
- When using weights:
to increase your lower back and torso muscles warm up by using the Utkatasana (chair pose) to your advantage at this would help your body ease into your workout .
- Muscle cramps and spasms during or due to the previous workouts: use the counter postures of yoga and shavasana (corpse pose) to facilitate blood flow and oxygen to the strained part of your body .
- When developing your quadriceps muscles (with squats, intense jogging or isolation exercises) end or in cases of pre existing body pain begin your routine with asanas like
Supra vajrasana , Prasarita paduttanasana and lying on back Natraja (Supta hasta pada angustanasana)to help open up and loosen your hamstrings and any pain you may have in your calves and shins.
· And finally when ending your workout
Pranayama and Meditation to release the accumulated stress in your mind and body and keep yourself fresh throughout the day!!
Please visit website YOGATHERAPY4ALL.COM to know the details of the asanas images and how to perform each asana.